The message of Jesus Christ was difficult for Jews to accept. Although they had sought the Messiah for centuries, they were entrenched in thinking and worshiping in traditional forms. Following Jesus seemed to repudiate their marvelous heritage and Scripture. Hebrews is a masterful document written to Jews who were evaluating Jesus or struggling with this new faith. The message of Hebrews is that Jesus is better, Christianity is superior, Christ is supreme and completely sufficient for salvation.
13 lessons through Hebrews includes:
- The complete text of Hebrews from the New Living Translation
- Easy-to-understand study notes covering background, history, geography, and culture
- Application notes to help you apply God's word to your life
- Charts, maps and profiles of Bible people that present biblical truths in unique and helpful ways
- Study questions thoughtfully arranged and suitable for individual or group use
- Special application questions at the end of each lesson to help you map out your personal action plan
Lessons can be 60 or 90 minutes; it is recommended that members prepare their answers to the questions before the group meeting.
Participant guides are available to purchase online.
This study is part of the NLT Life Application Bible Study series. Click here for more information on other studies in this series.
Note: This study guide is not available for review in the GroupLife Center. However a number of other studies from this series are available for you to gain a sense of how this study is formatted and if it would be appropriate for your small group. Also, you should click the “Participant Guides” link just above, then click on the “additional views” link underneath the picture of the study guide. This will enable you to preview the study.