Connect to God’s Word at Home
Say the Bible verse together.
2 Corinthians 1:4 NLT
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.
Use the questions below to talk about the lesson
- What would you put on the perfect sandwich?
- What things make you sad?
- What’s the hardest thing about being sad? Examples: it hurts, I feel like it won’t go away, I don’t like crying, etc.
- People show sadness in different ways. How did Harper, Mike, and Edison show sadness? Harper: Acted angry; Mike: Cried; Edison: Got really quiet
- What are some different things God might do to comfort you? Give you peace, help your heart feel better, give you people to listen and help you, etc.
Put what you learned into action this week
- If you feel sad this week, what can you do to get God’s comfort?
- How can you comfort someone who is sad this week?
Share things you’d like to pray about. Write down the prayer requests on paper or in a journal and place them in a common area of your home as a reminder to pray throughout the week.
Pray together over the requests and end with the following prayer:
“God, please forgive us for the times we haven’t been wise with our money. Give us self-control, patience, and wisdom in how we spend our money. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”