Generational Ministries Volunteer Information
Thank you for using your time and talents to reach the next generation for Christ. Below you will find helpful information and links that will set up your serving experience for success.
LINKS TO ACCESS CLEARANCE FORMS ONLINE:
Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP)
- 10-15 minutes to complete: epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services
- 20-30 minutes to complete: www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
FBI Clearances (choose one)
- Disclosure Statement if you HAVE lived in PA for the last 10 years - keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_160267.pdf
- Federal criminal history certification if you HAVE NOT lived in PA for 10 consecutive years.
- First, you must register with 3M Cogent at www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm. Then, you may choose to visit any site for fingerprinting - look under “Print Locations and Hours” on their website for more information. While online registration is the preferred method of registering, telephone registration can also be completed by calling 1-888-439-2486. Upon arriving to the site, you must have paid in advance online or brought a money order or cashier’s check with you in order to have your prints completed.
- Cost is $27.50 and will be reimbursed by the church if you provide a receipt
- 5-10 minutes to complete online and 10-15 minutes at the fingerprinting location: www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
Mandated Reporter Certificate - To access the training, please go to www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
- This is a free 3-hour course, but you can take portion at a time and save your progress
- You will receive a certificate at the end of the online course. Please print the certificate and give a copy to the church office or your ministry leader.
- If you prefer to take the class in person, McLane Church will host a training this Fall